Rhythm Kids K–2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming from cultures around the world
- Develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun
Summer 2018 Rhythm Kids Camp
For the summer, Arts from the Heart is offering a Rhythm Kids camp. The music, rhythms, games, and stories will come from the Tiger Collection which explores the culture of southern India. The camp meets for one week, August 6-10, from 1:30 to 3:00 pm each day at First Lutheran Church in Ellington. The cost is $175 for one child, $125 for the first sibling, and additional siblings are free.