Ellington Community Theatre
Ellington Community Theatre presents summer theatre for all ages! Our 2017 production will be “Annie” This classic musical is full of great music, dance, sets, and can have as big a cast as we want! The show dates are July 28th, 29th, and 30th.
This year’s cast is open to children entering 1st grade (fall 2016) through adults. Children entering 1st – 3rd grade will be required to have a parent present at rehearsals (remember, adults can be in the cast too!) Most rehearsals will run evenings Monday through Thursday. A complete rehearsal schedule will be available in early June and will take into account vacations noted by participants.
Information on auditions for lead parts and solos will be available mid-late May. You must be registered to audition. Don’t want to audition? You will have a part in the ensemble. If you would like to get involved, please e-mail Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org. Register online by clicking the Register link below. Participants over 15 yrs. - $50.00 Participants ages 7 -15 yrs. - $75.00 Family registration - capped at $175.00
Rhythm Kids K–2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- learn multicultural drumming patterns
- develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments
- explore movement and dance while singing songs
- play games based on music and drumming
- have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Rhythm Kids Summer Camp is for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- Monday thru Friday, 2 hour class each day
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies)
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Students should have their own hand drum for use at home and in class. We recommend www.djembedirect.com as they offer a 5% discount when you use the code RHYTHMKIDS. The 9 x 18 djembe is ideal for this age group.